Re: User-oriented backup tools

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Francesco Porro <frapox@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you sure?

No. I've never used it, but a friend of mine does. And it takes forever for him to do a backup. So I assumed it was dd.  Maybe it's that other OS X disk clone 'backup.'

But when he's done, he doesn't have an incremental backup, just a clone. Better than nothing, but not wonderful for programmers and lawyers who have to retrieve last week's version.

Amanda, IMHO, is the proper backup. But 'simple', 'user friendly', and 'amanda' should never appear in the same paragraph. There's significant futzing required to get it going. At least mine did, back in the DLT days...

--
Glenn English