Re: User-oriented backup tools

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 11:37:40PM +0100, Francesco Porro wrote:
> At this time I feel comfortable with rsync, which I use to sync my home
> to an external Usb drive. No automation, no scheduling for now. I just
> launch rsync from the command line and let it backup all the stuff when
> I need it.

This is what I do, too.  Except I also rsync changes from my VPS, and
also make a second copy of parts of the data and burn that to a DVD+RW.

> Now I'd like to move to more powerful utility.

Why?  What do you want to do that your existing solution doesn't do?
Just swapping out a working solution for something more complex without
some compelling reason is not a good idea.