Re: Crashes in Icedove on Stretch

Anthony Baldwin:

>>> would REALLY annoy me,
>>
>> If you compose in an editor like emacs, it auto-saves periodically.
>> With your email tmpdir set to /var/tmp, these will even survive reboots.
>
> But why would I install an entire VM+OS like E.M.A.C.S. when Icedove has
> its own message composer/editor ?
> if I wanted to use a different editor I'd be using MUTT with VIM. ;-)

In 45.6.0 (at least) in preferences ==> composition ==> save every X
minutes ... you can make it really small for all the text you can type
in subminute time :)

Thinking of this it may be at times where autosave takes place that it
crashes so the question becomes does it crash when at rest or when you
are editing a message?  Does it crash while reaching a pop or an imap
server, does it crash while trying to reach a specific server, does it
crash while trying to reach mozilla for an update ..

I never liked vi although in general life I really like OLD things, like
a bike from the 70s or a blender from the 50s

--
 "The most violent element in society is ignorance" rEG