Re: Crashes in Icedove on Stretch

On 02/15/2017 09:36 AM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
Hello,

Many peope (not all) have problems because Icedove crashes since an
update last year. Icedove on my laptop with Debian stable crashes random
about one time per week.

I have many customers with Debian stable and oldstable. Most of them
have problems with a crashing Icedove. I have also workstations here
where Icedove has never crashed.

What I want to ask, is what the latest situation is when using Stretch
(testing). I know a few people who are using Stretch and they all told
me they have no problems with a crashing Icedove.

What is your experience?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

I get random ID crashes, pretty well daily, but no consistently identifiable cause. It really seems to be occurring very randomly, I'll just be reading messages when suddenly *pop* it dies like a soap bubble on a Christmas tree, no error msg, no prior indication of instability, etc.; Just sudden, random crashing. It generally comes right back up without issue and functions normally afterwards. Thankfully, it rarely does it while I'm composing a message, that would REALLY annoy me, and I would likely have already appeared here seeking a solution to the problem, but since, so far, it hasn't caused me any real loss, but rather just minor annoyance, I haven't mentioned it, until now.

I am using Jessie, Icedove v. 45.6.0 at the moment, on AMD64; My system is otherwise generally stable (with the exception of occasional unexplained hiccoughs in the sound system, for which I have sought help on the list, and which I can resolve with a reboot...again, annoying, but not a high priority issue).

Tony
--
http://tonybaldwin.me
all tony, all the time