Re: HELP! Re: How to fix I/O errors?

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 06:06:34PM -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> Careful there, I would not copy any of the /home/username/dot-files or
> dot directories over, except like .mozilla and .thunderbird, so you
> don't carry over some old and crufty setting that might have been
> problematic.

I have the exact opposite philosophy.  My home directory has survived
across many, many different operating systems and computers.  If a
new version of some app breaks compatibility with a dot file, which
is rare, then I'll handle that on a case by case basis.  Otherwise,
I get to keep all of my comfortable settings.