Re: 7->8: inexplicable difficulty discovering available package versions

On 04-02-2017 05:30, David Christensen wrote:
> I am of the opinion that attempting an in-place major version upgrade
> of an operating system or a service is folly.  The only reliable
> method is to do a fresh install on another computer, and then migrate.

Whatever works for you. But keep in mind that debian does support in
place upgrades and offers support for that. I and many others have done
that successfully several times.

--
What one fool can do, another can.
		-- Ancient Simian Proverb