Re: How to enable SSH root access with password in jessie or stretch?

On 02/04/2017 10:08 AM, Joe wrote:
On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 09:18:34 +0100
Pierre Couderc <pierre@couderc.eu> wrote:

I know it is not secure.

I have soon set "PermitRootLogin yes" and restarted. In fact
PermitRootLogin was not soon present in my ssh_config file.

Thank you.

I think that ought to be enough, but clearly it isn't. It's a long time
since I used passwords in ssh.

One thing: is that a typo? The file you should have modified is
sshd_config, ssh_config is for connections from that machine to others.

Thank you very much...
It is not a typo : it is my mistake and the problem I have been looking from months....