Re: Debian Jessie question about web

On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 09:15:32PM -0700, Billy O wrote:
> So i have been looking around and reading for while now as far as
> connecting to a wifi network what might i be missing in this area i am on a
> dell i386 also what would i need to know about drag and drop to desktop
> options if its possible.
>
> Thanks for the time reading this email

You are going to have to be a bit more explicit about the problem you
are seeing. You don't even say what problem you have. We are left to
infer something is wrong with your WiFi.

Share a bit more, and maybe someone here can help. What are you trying
to do, exactly? What, exactly, is happening when you try? What have you
tried so far to solve the problem?

Some more questions to get you started:

Are you having a problem connecting to a WiFi network? Does your
computer recognise your WiFi hardware? Does your computer recognise a
WiFi link (which may be DOWN and therefore not working if you are having
trouble connecting to a WiFi Access Point)? What desktop are you using?
(eg Gnome, KDE, etc -- which desktop you are using affects how you will
see available WiFi networks) For that matter what version of Debian? If
basic WiFi support is working, does your computer recognise WiFi access
points that are in range? If yes, what happens when you try to connect
to one?

Jumping ahead, if you just can't get the computer to recognise it has
WiFi, and you are certain the computer actually has WiFi, it is probably
a driver or a firmware problem. That will take us down one road. On the
other hand if you have a link but it is not connecting to any WiFi
network, we will need more info about what you are trying and what is
happening to help.

Mark