Re: Some x-terminals do not compose unicode characters

	Hi.

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 11:07:39 +0100
"Alessandro T." <tagliare3@yahoo.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> I would get the strikethrough text in x-terminal-emulator. So I tried
>
> echo -e '1\u0336'
>
> and with mlterm, pterm, rxvt and xterm I got, rightly, strikethrough 1.
> Instead with evilvte, gnome-terminal, lilyterm, lxterminal, sakura,
> terminator, terminix, termit, vala-terminal and xfce4-terminal (my
> default) I got 1-.
>
> This is caused by incorrect configuration? So where should I intervene?
> Or is it a bug? So what package should I report?

It's a bug probably. I'm unsure about 'terminix' and 'termit', but all
those 'gnome-terminal' and friends are based on libvte so they all
should behave the same way in this regard.

So please consider filling a bug against libvte.

BTW your testcase fails in st (stterm in Debian) too, which is not based
on libvte.

Reco