Re: Debian Jessie question about web

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 9:15 PM, Billy O <wpo5billypo@gmail.com> wrote:
So i have been looking around and reading for while now as far as connecting to a wifi network what might i be missing in this area i am on a dell i386 also what would i need to know about drag and drop to desktop options if its possible.

If your trouble has to do with i386/Jessie/wifi, I can assure you that it does work. It's on my GoBook laptop (i686 with the i386 Debian Jessie release) running XFCE4 with the WICD net manager. It switches happily between Ethernet and wifi.

Sorta -- I need to fix up the routing table and /etc/resolv.conf sometimes. Somebody (Comcast or Debian or WICD or me) could do a little better with the wifi DHCP.

--
Glenn English