Re: Impossible to install debian-8.7.1-i386-netinst.iso

On 01/31/2017 11:49 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
If you can get the computer to respond to that,
then your BIOS supports USB ...

In my first post - that I thank you to have answered -, I reproduce it here :
<begin>
The keyboard is not active (but it works fine in the bios !).

A similar problem is described in http://www.kasploosh.com/weblog/14000/14016-debian_jessie_usb_keyboard.html
<end>
I did explain that the keyboard works under the BIOS !
(Anyway, I am nearly sure that linux does not use bios after booting...)

and we can forget about this and get back to
figuring out why the early stages of the install aren't happy (please
note, they work fine for others, including myself, so whatever it is it
isn't a straightforward "Debian doesn't work" problem).
Yes, I do not like the "Debian doesn't work"answer.. But it is not because it has worked for you that it works for all. Anyway, I cannot says anything else that "when I put debian install disk, it does not work"....
In this case,
the suggestion I made about kernel boot parameters is the best idea we
have so far to work with and would bear further research.
Yes, but I do not know how to change boot parameters. I put my CD in the reader and it boots before I can change anything...
Should I build my own install disk...?
I am still googling and have not soon found.