Re: CUPS in stretch Ricoh printer SP112 SP112-su

On Tue 31 Jan 2017 at 00:34:24 +0100, roba@openmailbox.org wrote:

> On 2017-01-30 22:47, roba@openmailbox.org wrote:
> >And this is for trying to plug a ppd that was hacked from an other
> >Ricoh printer to fit an SP112 SP112-su
> >I figured what did not work for jessie may work for stretch
> >I had gotten the same printer to work on an other machine with
> >jessie somewhere around 8.5 but not on this one.
> >
> >Any suggestions on how to reach the blocked :631 link?
>
> Same printer, not very different AMD64, and based on the hacked ppd
> available on github it worked flawlessly ... I started on 8.6 on this one
> when it was fresh and never got it to work following the same procedure.
> But localhost:631 worked and the browser hasn't changed much (from what I do
> to it).  I suspect it is running as you say but how do I reach it or what is
> blocking access to it?  Or what do I put in host.allow hosts.deny to unblock
> it if that is the culprit.  And WHY did debian change such a thing?
> Security security security?  Basic early upgrade from stable to testing is
> the only change that I am responsible for.
>
> C:\ ps -ef | grep cups
> roots     361     1  0 Jan30 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cupsd -l
> roots     467     1  0 Jan30 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cups-browsed
> rock     6128  6115  0 01:20 pts/2    00:00:00 grep cups
> lp      15797   361  0 Jan30 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus
> dbus://
>
> C:\    :)

Debian has changed nothing to account for localhost:631 not being
open to you. 'Webinterface No' in cupsd.conf could be a reason for
your experience, but a browser would inform you of this and offer
a solution.

TCP wrappers controls access from other machines on the network,
not from localhost. In any case, cupsd does not use libwrap.

--
Brian.