Obviously there seem to be other people elsewhere that refer to this problem. Losing contact with cups after a stretch upgrade. The only solution I found I listed but either I don't understand the commands or it is not working for me.

I even created a new user, run firefox stock 1st time no plugins ... and nothing. Unreachable it says. No instructions what so ever. Even sudo firefox didn't reach. NADA!

I think it is ridiculous after so many months to be holding a Win7 partition to be able to print stuff and it is not the printer problem anymore as a previous generic pc of similar specs printed just fine with Jessie. This one is a stock DELL with no sign of hardware incompatibility. Again, I am on LXDE Stretch, AMD64, and it is a USB printer, no network stuff. The printer settings gui identified the correct printer and model. No way to drive it.

On 2017-01-30 22:47, roba@openmailbox.org wrote:
>And this is for trying to plug a ppd that was hacked from an other
>Ricoh printer to fit an SP112 SP112-su
>I figured what did not work for jessie may work for stretch
>I had gotten the same printer to work on an other machine with
>jessie somewhere around 8.5 but not on this one.
>
>Any suggestions on how to reach the blocked :631 link?

Same printer, not very different AMD64, and based on the hacked ppd
available on github it worked flawlessly ... I started on 8.6 on this one when it was fresh and never got it to work following the same procedure. But localhost:631 worked and the browser hasn't changed much (from what I do to it). I suspect it is running as you say but how do I reach it or what is blocking access to it? Or what do I put in host.allow hosts.deny to unblock
it if that is the culprit.  And WHY did debian change such a thing?
Security security security? Basic early upgrade from stable to testing is
the only change that I am responsible for.

C:\ ps -ef | grep cups
roots     361     1  0 Jan30 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cupsd -l
roots     467     1  0 Jan30 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cups-browsed
rock     6128  6115  0 01:20 pts/2    00:00:00 grep cups
lp 15797 361 0 Jan30 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus
dbus://

C:\    :)

From: Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>

Debian has changed nothing to account for localhost:631 not being
open to you. 'Webinterface No' in cupsd.conf could be a reason for
your experience, but a browser would inform you of this and offer
a solution.

TCP wrappers controls access from other machines on the network,
not from localhost. In any case, cupsd does not use libwrap.