Re: apt-get is not following preferences.d

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017, Matthias Bodenbinder wrote:
Am 25.01.2017 um 20:04 schrieb Michael Lange:
Hi,

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 07:18:07 +0100
Matthias Bodenbinder <matthias@bodenbinder.de> wrote:

(...)

I do not have that file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/02periodic. I put
/etc/cron.daily/apt back where it belongs and this morning the pinning
was screwed up again. This is really weird.

Then you could try to create the file and add the line

APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists "0";

and see if that helps. Maybe your system somehow has a different default.

Regards

Michael

I created that file with this line but it does not help. Still the same odd pinning after boot.

So my problem might not be related to /etc/cron.daily/apt. I guess I have to start searching again :-(

Looking through the other defaults described in /etc/cron.daily/apt ,
this one looks relevant:

#  APT::Periodic::Enable "1";
#  - Enable the update/upgrade script (0=disable)

If I were you, I would do

# echo 'APT::Periodic::Enable "0";' >> /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/02periodic

and see if that works.