Re: apt-get is not following preferences.d

Am 23.01.2017 um 11:47 schrieb Michael Lange:
Hi,

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 08:40:32 +0100
Matthias Bodenbinder <matthias@bodenbinder.de> wrote:

(...)Yes, this is exactly what happens on my PC. But it has no solution.

In the meantime I found a workaround. I moved /etc/cron.daily/apt out
of the way. It looks like this script is being executed during boot
before the network is ready.

How can I make sure that the script /etc/cron.daily/apt is only
executed when network is up? What is this script good for anyways?

From what the comment at the top of the script says:

# This file understands the following apt configuration variables:
# Values here are the default.
# Create /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/02periodic file to set your preference.
(...)
#
#  APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists "0";
#  - Do "apt-get update" automatically every n-days (0=disable)
#

it looks like you have a file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/02periodic where
APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists is set to "1" (or so). Here (on
Jessie) such a file does not exist, and as promised the updates don't
happen.

Regards

Michael

Hello Michael,

I do not have that file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/02periodic. I put /etc/cron.daily/apt back where it belongs and this morning the pinning was screwed up again. This is really weird.

Matthias