Re: The connections resets after some time.

Hi, Armando.

On 24/01/17 12:54, Armando Cerna wrote:

> Have you tried maintaining the ssh connection from a different internet
> connection?  Assuming you have no issues it is probably related to the
> ISP.  It would also be a good test to to try sshing to a server in
> another location and seeing if your connection drops but given that you
> are experiencing pidgin dropping as well.  I would assume it's internet
> related.  Do you have another computer you can test with?

Yes. As I mentioned in the other mail, I tried with a PC in my local
network and connected it directly to the cablemodem in a wired way. And
the behavior was the same. Another test I did not mention is that, with
the notebook connected to the cablemodem in a wired way, I tried
connecting via VPN to my local network via ssh using the public IP
assigned to the cablemodem. And after a while I lost the connection.

Both the notebook and this PC have Debian 8.6. It could be a recent bug.
But it is strange because for example I do not remember having had
problems on last December.

Thanks for your interest.

Kind regards,
Daniel