Re: The connections resets after some time.

Have you tried maintaining the ssh connection from a different internet
connection?  Assuming you have no issues it is probably related to the
ISP.  It would also be a good test to to try sshing to a server in
another location and seeing if your connection drops but given that you
are experiencing pidgin dropping as well.  I would assume it's internet
related.  Do you have another computer you can test with?

--
  Armando Cerna
  armando@cerna.ca