The connections resets after some time.

Hi all!

It's been a bit more than a week since I've been observing that, from
time to time, I lose the established connections. I realize this because
I have for example an SSH connection against a server in France that
freezes and a few minutes later I see that Pidgin reconnects.

It is quite strange. At first I noticed this from my notebook connected
via wifi to a wireless router that is connected to a switch.

Here some connection loss records (there may have been more, but these
are the ones that I registered):

13/01:
------

08.09
09.16
10.29
12.06
13.09
14.10
15.33
18.02
20.31
22.13

14/01:
------

07.33
08.42
09.54
11.13
12.27
15.09
16.05
17.27
19.54
22.15

15/01:
------

13.23
18.01
19.16
20.35
22.55

16/01:
------

00.10
10.05
11.16

12.10 => Here, to rule out that this was a problem in the wireless
connection, I connected the notebook to the same router but this time
wired. Reconnections persisted, as you can see.

12.34
14.58
16.11

16.17 => So I did what I think would be the definitive test: I connected
the notebook to the cablemodem directly, wired. Reconnections persisted.

17.30
18.40
19.57

20.56 => Again change to wireless mode as the cuts are given by
connecting directly.

21.10
22.44

17/01:
------
07.21
08.14
09.53
10.44

14.25
15.39
17.21

17.38 => Reset cablemodem and set it up again.

18/01:
------

20.35 => There were no cuts from 17.38 on 17/01 until this time.

19/01:
------
07.48
09.02
10.15
11.22
12.19
15.05
16.11
17.35
18.42
20.01

Reboot cablemodem from the Internet provider at approximately 9:00 pm to
see if this solves the problem.

20/01:
------
17.21
18.36
19.44
21.15
22.21
23.27

21/01:
------
01.56
03.09

10.05
10.37
11.49
13.18
14.17
15.32
16.46
18.09
19.13
20.31
22.08
22.58

22/01:
------
00.11
01.21
02.37

10.07
11.21
12.36
13.43
16.11
17.26
19.12
20.14
21.39
22.31
23.35

23/01:
------

07.05
08.18
09.26
10.40
15.40
16.59
18.04
19.20
20.32
21.50

24/01:
------

05.38
06.30
07.42

10.12
11.21

To rule out a problem with the notebook (with Debian Jessie 8.6), I have
tried connecting a PC (also with Debian Jessie 8.6) directly to the
cablemodem, wired, and observed the same behavior.

It's very weird. The cablemodem does not lose Upstream and Downstream
synchronization, but nevertheless I see that the established connections
are lost (for example, instant messaging, SSH, or HTTP, to mention a few).

I do not know if it will be related, but on 05/01 there was a service
interruption between 09.25 and 11.35. After the service was restored, I
noticed that I was changed from CMTS 10.94.0.1 to 10.96.0.1. Maybe some
problem in configuring this CMTS?

Thinking that this could be because it changes the public IP, I checked
the log of a script that I have to update against Afraid DNS service.
But several days ago the IP does not change so that does not seem to be
the problem.

What do you think? Will it be a problem of the Internet provider?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Daniel