Re: hostname drops off between remote sessions

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 12:48:19PM -0500, Tony Baldwin wrote:
> I rent a VPS from Contabo, in Germany (as if the location were
> relevant), which is still running wheezy.
> Lately, when I access it (generally via ssh) the hostname appears to be
> changed to (none).

Edit (or create) the file /etc/hostname with the hostname that you want.
Then reboot, or use the command "hostname yourhostname" (as root) to set
the hostname.  (But really, you probably want to reboot, to make sure any
daemons that read the hostname at startup get a valid hostname.)