Re: python time module

re 2: time is in the Python standard library; you should have it.
re 1: It's not a bad thing to use a separate package manager for your
Python projects if you're getting into development with Python. More or
less, users simply maintaining a system that uses Python should be OK
with installs from the repo. If developing in Python, a package manager
that integrates with virtual environments will help because it isolates
dependencies for each specific project (which you would develop in its
own environment). I'm sorry I can't answer you about conda, but this
setup is general practice with PyPI; with that you make and activate a
virtual environment for your project, then install packages with the
command `pip` (no backticks, but I'm not sure how best to note inline
code on a mailing list). Then, for instance, if a different project
requires a different package version, your other project depending on
another version won't break. If then you want that Python sript/module
running on your main system, you can do the desired dependency installs
from the Debian repo.