python time module

I'm starting to try to learn pythonOCC (a wrapper on the OpenCascade 3d
modeling library) as an excuse to learn python itself, and am running
into some problems right off the bat.

(1) pythonOCC wants to be installed using a package manager called
    conda (see http://www.pythonocc.org/download/ and
    https://www.continuum.io/).  Is there a reasonably standard way to
    integrate conda with apt (in the same sense that alien will let me
    install an RPM), or do I just sort of have to expect to use a
    different system for it?  Yes, I can download from source instead,
    and may end up taking that approach, but would rather not if I can
    avoid it.

(2) More seriously, I'm getting the following error and traceback trying
    to run my very first script:

nowball:13$ python box1.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "box1.py", line 1, in <module>
    from OCC.Display.SimpleGui import init_display
  File "/home/joseph/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OCC/Display/SimpleGui.py", line 20, in <module>
    import logging
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
    import sys, os, time, cStringIO, traceback, warnings, weakref, collections
ImportError: No module named time

>From everything I'm finding, it looks like both the logging and time
modules should be installed by default with python; what do I need to
install that is missing at present to get the time module?