Re: Monitor switched off after resume from hibernation

On Saturday, January 7, 2017 1:35:07 PM CET David Wright wrote:
> you could go on to combine it with the
> hibernation process to make sure that the monitor was on just before
> hibernation started. (There might be some sort of serialisation
> required to make sure the two actions occur in the right order. You
> don't want a race.)

What sort of serialisation are you referring to? I tried with the following
script, but won't work:

$cat /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/screen_hack_hibernate

if [ "$2" = "hibernate" ]; then
    case "$1" in
        pre)
            xset -display :0 dpms force on
            ;;
    esac
fi

I thought it would be run just before hibernate (it's the same technique I use
to unload the driver of my wifi adapter before hibernate, to prevent some other
network issues I had) , but it doesn't.