Re: Testing/Unstable Synaptic broken again.

On Sun, 4 Sep 2016 20:43:04 -0700
Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Jimmy,

>Here's an update, it seems to be a gtk problem, as the bug effects
>Parole Media Player's menu too.  Sid has "gir1*" and "gtk*" package
>upgrades that Testing does not have and without Synaptic I really don't

Thanks for keeping us informed.  It's appreciated.

>know an easy way to downgrade the packages, outside of downloading the
>packages and using dpkg and I would have to lookup the depends too,

IDK, having never tried, but would adding one of the snapshot repos be
of help?  Maybe that would help with the dependencies.  But otherwise,
yes, it's going to have to be done the 'hard way'   :-(

>maybe there is an easier way?  I hope upstream is working on this
>problem, before it hits Testing.

You and me both.

--
 Regards  _
You're all invited to a party, you don't even have to come