How to permanently change default sound input source?

Hello everyone!

On my parents' computer I installed debian mate 8.5 and each time that we use skype they have to (or rather I have to, thanks to teamspeak) manually change the audio input source setting via Pulseaudio control panel and set it on the usb camera. The usb camera is already the "default alternative" in the mate sound control panel but this setting does not seem to be taken into account... Is there a way (a script? a manual editing of a setting file?) to lock this audio setting on the camera so that they do not have to change it back every single time?

I found this page https://askubuntu.com/questions/14077/how-can-i-change-the-default-audio-device-from-command-line but I don't know how to show a list of the available audio input sources... I need it to run the command

pacmd set-default-source "SOURCENAME"

Thank you for your help!

Frédéric Mesplède