Re: Testing/Unstable Synaptic broken again.

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 01:28:28 -0400
Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/02/2016 02:56 AM, Joe wrote:
>
> > Everybody's installation is different... 4.6.0.1 boots OK, the new
> > 4.7.0.1 didn't (4.7.2-1 I think), doing some kind of segfault. But I
> > cleared the cache recently so I don't have the .deb of the previous
> > 4.7.0.1. I'll try again in a couple of days.
>
> Running sid, the update blew me up twice. I'm a certified install
> demon as of this weekend. I pinned the kernel until the smoke clears.
> I kept getting grub filesystem errors after the kernel
> update. . :( Ric

I've had a few more goes, sometimes it boots, sometimes it doesn't, but
I can't get enough evidence for a bug report. It may well have nothing
to do with the kernel itself, but 4.6.0.1 seems to boot consistently.

If you run sid, always keep at least one older kernel installed...

--
Joe