Re: question about aptitudetask-ldxe

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 1:13 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> screen scrape:
> pi@raspberrypi:~/linuxcnc/configs/lathe $ su
> Password:
> root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/linuxcnc/configs/lathe# synaptic
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
>
> ** (synaptic:2792): WARNING **: Could not open X display
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
> Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
>
> (synaptic:2792): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: localhost:10.0
>
> Next?

I had similar problems with su and I read in multiple places that
using xhost (the work around suggested by Floris) is not recommended
due to security reasons. Can you try

  su-to-root -X -c synaptic

Enter the root password when it asks for one.

regards
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog