Re: network setup

I can't do anything more on debian until problem with espeak accessibility gets fixed. I've already sent that report to debian-accessibility list not running debian to do it either. Lots of missing command line network documentation too. I was making some progress using iwconfig and may be close except for an unassociated access point. So when I run iwlist wlx00c0ca364bd2 scanning >iwlist.txt and the iwlist.txt has a line near the top that says address: and then shows a hex address, is that my access point?

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016, Jude DaShiell wrote:

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 19:43:06
From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com>
To: Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com>, debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: network setup

I tried manual network configuration and debian renamed wlan0 to wlx00c0ca364bd2 for some reason. If I do ip a that shows up as possible wifi connection. Unfortunately ifup doesn't recognize that device name.

Before this, I tried configuration with gnome and had a failure doing that too. That failure is being investigated on the debian-accessibility list since I use orca when in graphical user environment. I'm going to check out my fedora instance since that one works and when it did come up a component broke and got reported. I may have some clues in those files.