Re: default "Default-Release" for APT

This makes sense, thanks! A good example would be libapparmor1:

# apt-cache policy libapparmor1
libapparmor1:
  Installed: 2.9.0-3
  Candidate: 2.10.95-7
  Version table:
     2.10.95-7 0
        500 http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
     2.10.95-6 0
        500 http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
     2.10.95-4~bpo8+2 0
        100 http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports/main
amd64 Packages
 *** 2.9.0-3 0
        500 http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
#

As seen above, version 2.10.95-7 from "unstable" would get installed
because it is the highest version(checked with "dpkg
--compare-versions") from all three sources with priority 500.

Martin