Re: Advantages of Debian "backports" over "testing"?

One more question regarding Debian backports- is it a good practice to
prefer latest versions from backports(jessie-backports) by default
while using stable(jessie) distribution? I mean something like this:

# cat /etc/apt/preferences.d/00_jessie-backports
Explanation: Change pin-priority to
Explanation: 500 for all backported
Explanation: packages.
Package: *
Pin: release n=jessie-backports
Pin-Priority: 500
#

Configuration above would change the priority of "jessie-backports"
from 100 to 500 and thus versions from jessie-backports would be
installed because those are newer than the versions in stable(jessie).
Or is it a better practice to cherry-pick packages from "jessie-backports"?

thanks,
Martin