Re: non-free software requirement

Hi,

> I would appreciate any advice on this. Is it possible to run a test
> to see what that software was and install it now. Although I would
> prefer not have any non-free software I would have it if it was
> something quite important such as controlling the fan.

As said Santiago Vila, it is probably a missing firmware (I don't think
the installer can warn form something else). One way to find which one
is to run the "dmesg" command (needs root since linux 4.7), and to
search for the word "firmware":

# dmesg | grep firmware

Could you give the result of this command?

Yvan