Re: hplip and use of the "driver plugin"

On 07/12/16 14:42, Jape Person wrote:
> I'll never forget hearing someone trying to prop an early version of
> Netscape up by saying that it was a good browser *because* it failed on
> badly written pages.

It shouldn't crash, of course, but I think the web would be a much nicer
place if browsers just refused to render broken pages, rather than
potentially displaying them in a misleading way.

That's one of the reason I'm sad xhtml seems to have been at least
partly abandoned - the rules of xml say you should just give up if it
isn't valid. That would mean web devs would have to fix their mess.

Richard