Re: hplip and use of the "driver plugin"

On 12/04/2016 09:55 AM, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
On Sunday, December 04, 2016 06:50:17 AM Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Saturday 03 December 2016 20:14:21 Jape Person wrote:
have a horrible time reading this stuff through a browser interface.

Yes, sorry. :-(  I have a horrible time with archives being illegible in
browsers - but I thought that that was a problem restricted to the
partially sighted:  the fully sighted can see them, and I have been told
that screen readers for the blind can handle them fine.

I'm curious as to what the problem is?  I mean, I don't have much of a
problem, but I use a legible font and use <ctrl>+ to increase the font size to
a comfortable size (on my 32" monitor), and the colors are my preferred black
on a white background (as opposed to a light color on a dark background--
which, among other things, some applications or websites still do some things
wrong when they interpolate colors for <can't recall the phrase, but when they
scale fonts>.

The user interface isn't ideal (I mean, too many choices, I imagine a non-
sighted person might get frustrated listening to all the choices).

And, in general, I'd prefer to see several posts from the same thread on one
page rather than paging for each post....

But, is there something else, and which is the biggest problem for non-sighted
or partially sighted people?

You've just about summed it up for me. The user interface is far from ideal. I'm able to handle selection and size of fonts through browser controls, but the horsing around with the archive's links plus eye problems that make it very hard for me to read dark text on a light background just make the archive too much bother for me.

Yes, I know I can tell some browsers to give me light text on a dark background, but that never works as well as the control I have in my mail client.

JP