Re: systemd-journald fails

Hi emetib,

On Monday 05 December 2016 08:47:55 emetib wrote:

> quick question for you.

> if you wanted to have stretch, why did you install jessie and then upgrade instead of just installing stretch?

> https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

scaleway offered jessie and sid as ready to go images. I thought it should be safer to upgrade from jessie than to wait until the sid packages migrated to stretch.

> i've personally found it's better to just install the testing image right away instead of doing a dist-upgrade.

A dist-upgrade should eventually work (and also did in the past 20 years for me -)

> that way if somethings do change, like going from sysinit to systemd, things are all ready in place.

Jessie is also using systemd (?).

> take a look at this forum for all of the discussions on sysinit vs systemd.

Hmm...do you suggest to go to sysvinit? Hmmm...

Thanks

Rainer

--

Rainer Dorsch