Re: systemd-journald fails

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 08:47:55AM -0800, emetib wrote:
> if you wanted to have stretch, why did you install jessie and then upgrade instead of just installing stretch?

Because until the stretch installer is ready for prime time, that is
the safest way to get stretch.

> https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Currently "alpha 8".  I don't know how many people consider this to be
ready for end users, versus ready for additional testing by people
willing & able to report and/or fix installer bugs.

Personally I'm in no hurry for stretch at this time, but I can see how
people with newer hardware could be.