Re: forcefsck inconsistency

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016, Richard Hector wrote:

On 26/11/16 22:03, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
     According the tune2fs output, the check on / was actually done.
     I naïvely looked at syslog to find the checked devices, and I
could  not imagine
     that the fsck checks are reported in syslog for all partitions, but
not for /...

Because / was mounted read-only while being checked, so syslog couldn't
be written, perhaps?

Richard

  hi Richard,
  you are probably right, but I imagine that the available space in memory
  should allow the kernel to store a few lines there, until / is
  re-mounted rw

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel