forcefsck inconsistency

hi everybody,
trying to force the exec of fsck at boot, I found in init.d/checkfs.sh:

      if [ -f /forcefsck ] || grep -q -s -w -i "forcefsck" /proc/cmdline
		then
			force="-f"
		else
			force=""
		fi

So, I typed "touch /forcefsck", and rebooted.
This gave me several strange (IMHO) things

1/  fsck was run on 3 of my 5 ext4 partitions
    but not on / (which actually has fs_passno=1)
    and not for the 5th partition ,/dev/sdg1, which has fs_passno=2.
    I have in syslog:

     "EXT4-fs (sdg1): warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is recommended"

2/ I have in syslog:

   "systemd-fsck[2553]: Please pass 'fsck.mode=force' on the kernel
    command line rather than creating /forcefsck on the root file system."

   Does that mean that the guys working on checkfs.sh and systemd-fsck don't
   communicate?
   Anyway, I also tried this method, which gave me the same results.

   A workaround would be to boot with a live cd, and run fsck manually, but is
   there an easier solution?

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel