Re: forcefsck inconsistency

On Tue 22 Nov 2016 at 23:32:34 (+0100), Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Nov 2016, David Wright wrote:
>
> >Some things got a bit out-of-date perhaps. What works is to edit the
> >linux line in grub, adding [forcefsck]

>   It would be interesting to know which one is out-of-date, checkfs.sh or systemd-fsck?
>   Anyway, my question was not "how to force fsck". This can be done either with
>   "touch /forecfsck" which gives warnings, but does not prevent fsck to run.
>   or
>   at boot, edit the command line, adding "fsck.mode=force"
>   both methods have the advantage that the force mode is removed after the boot.
>
>   My question is: why fsck does not process the 2 partitions / and /dev/sdg1 ?

I don't know what the issue is with /dev/sdg1. I do know that
/etc/fstab needs to be more sane than used to be the case. Although
man fstab says that it is scanned and acted upon sequentially, that
appears no longer to be so: later bad entries can affect earlier ones.

As for the root filesystem, are you saying that it was not checked
even when you did what I suggested? What does
# tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | grep 'st ch'
show (assuming / is /dev/sda1)?

Cheers,
David.