RE: btrfs filesystem full problems (was Re: A full /var partition destroyed 3 hours of my life!)

> It sounds like btrfs specific behaviour. It would be interesting to know
> what kernel version and btrfs version you were using, if only to confirm
> my suspicion that even the versions in Debian are not suitable for use in
> production.
>
> I'm going to guess that it was a series of 'btrfs balance' commands that
> fixed things for you.

Correct you are! The various incantations used different filters and
one of them worked. I have no idea what filters are and I would die a
happy man without needing to know.

I use Debian testing, so it's whatever kernel and btrfs packages that
were in that as of yesterday.

> Yes, this is right. The problem is not 'rm', the problem is that you use
> sudo without understanding why it is set up like that: sudo logs the
> command it executes to /var/log/auth.log

Makes sense. So why did I get the exact same problem when I enabled
the debug-shell? Unless it's also lying to me, doesn't it boot into a
proper root shell?