Re: wheezy, cannot change the address of eth1

On Monday 14 November 2016 08:38:24 Greg Wooledge wrote:

> Others have already pointed this out, but you have two conflicting
> "gateway" lines, on two completely separate networks.  You need to
> pick one.

As it turned out, bringing up an eth0:1 was the answer. It also appears
that its default configuration seems to do exactly what I wanted it to
do, which is to act as a hub, expanding the number of ports available by
enabling another 8 ports in the garage on the end of that cable, and
reducing by about 150 feet, the length of cable and a simple hub it
presently travels thru to get 10 feet physically.

I had, with extreme difficulty, fished a piece of cat5e thru a largely
in-accessable piece of this structure called a house, in order to get
the network to the G0704. And I've enough jumper cables so that it, the
r-pi, o-pi and an old dell it appears I will have to use as an X
renderer for the r-pi's output, can all be plugged in at the same time.

I was going to use the o-pi for that, but its hdmi port is defective. So
job one this morning is to take my movie camera out and takes a short
film of it booting the oem os, then booting armbian, and sending that
back to the vendor to prove its display hdwe is defective.  Its color
alright, a mixture of pale lime green in the highlights, with a burple
overlay over everything, extremely poor experience for these old eyes.
Insulting even. The display from the r-pi, using the same cable and
dvd-i adapter, is pure and perfect.

If alibaba will replace the o-pi, I might still try to use it, next
summer maybe when I need to get rid of the Dells heat.  But till then
the old p4 Dell will have to do.

So I will pick a path and just do it instead of wasting time discussing
it. :)

Cheers Greg, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)