Re: Does hdparm not run at startup anymore?

On 11/12/16, Rainer Dorsch <ml@bokomoko.de> wrote:

> On Saturday 12 November 2016 16:40:40 Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
>> On 11/12/2016 08:37 AM, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
>> > + Alexandre, hdparm maintainer

>> Hi Rainer,
>> I can not reproduce this problem on my machine:
>>
>> lsb_release -c
>> Codename:    jessie
>>
>> hdparm -V
>> hdparm v9.43
>>
>> < snipped for brevity >
>
> Hmm...since hdparm works for me if I do a
>
> # /etc/init.d/hdparm restart
>
> after boot (or even in /etc/rc.local, is it possible that hdparm runs for my
> system for whatever reason too early (though it is not special setup, all
> SATA SSDs and HDDs)?

Hi.. Have CC'd those recently brought into the loop (because it seemed
the proper thing to do)..

What I'm sharing is "similarly different". It's only one of the
problems I'm having with (STILL) attempting to get wireless/Bluetooth
to function, but this thread right here is one of the things I'm
facing, too.

It's been a few days since I... attempted it so I've forgotten which
[package] this worked for, but one function that WAS working needed a
manual restart after reboots. Whichever [package] it was, that package
would be "failed" (or similar error) for a "systemctl status" command
issuance. It would then function fine (based on systemctl status query
feedback) after a "systemctl restart" terminal command line restart.
Again, this was all immediately after a fresh reboot where things
become reset.

Been a couple threads recently where my instance seemed to potentially
apply, as well, actually. Like maybe it's hinting at something more
universal involved beyond singular packages. I'm on Sid Unstable
(attempting a Stretch debootstrap in just a few).

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* Ya gotta find your crochet-t-t-t-t!!! *