Re: upgraded testing and now gpg is not working

Op 06-11-16 om 04:52 schreef H.S.:
So, how do I tell gpg to work on std in when on a terminal instead of
relying on a graphical session?

The man page for gpg-agent suggests you can set that with the --pinentry-program option. I haven't tried this myself, but adding something like

pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-curses

to ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf should work (provided the package pinentry-curses is installed, of course). You probably have to make the gpg-agent reload its configuration for that to take effect.

A web search for 'force gpg-agent to use terminal' came up with some interesting pages, but most of those refer to the previous version of gpg2/gpg-agent so some of the suggestions are no longer valid (like the one that mentions --no-use-agent - that simply won't work anymore).

Regards,
Frank