Re: upgraded testing and now gpg is not working

On 11/05/2016 02:53 AM, Frank wrote:
Op 05-11-16 om 03:55 schreef H.S.:
I upgraded my testing box last night and now my gpg decryption does not
work anymore.
<SNIP>
gpg2 can't find your secret keys because it stores them elsewhere. For
gpg1 they are in the secring.gpg file and gpg2 looks at the files in the
private-keys-v1.d directory. If this directory does not exist inside
your gnupg directory (probably ~/.gnupg), then the automatic migration
failed somehow.

Earlier reply was inadvertently sent to the user only (Frank, sorry).

Thanks for that background.

I installed gnupg1 and I can use gpg1 command to decrypt my data as usual (instead of using gpg as I did in the past). However, current gpg, which links to gpg2, still doesn't work.

I tried exporing my secret keys using gpg1 and importing them using gpg2, which seems to have gone fine:

$ gpg1 --export-secret-keys  | gpg2 --import
< snipped info: 2 not changed, 1 imported>
gpg: Total number processed: 3
gpg:              unchanged: 3
gpg:       secret keys read: 3
gpg:  secret keys unchanged: 3

I can list secret keys using both versions using the following command:
$ gpg1 --list-secret-keys
$ gpg --list-secret-keys

So far, so good.

Still, however, decryption my file using gpg2 does not work: it does not ask for my passphrase on the std in and just times out. gpg1 works though.

What am I missing?

Package I have on my testing box:
$ COLUMNS=75 dpkg -l gnupg* | grep ^i
ii  gnupg          2.1.15-4     amd64  GNU privacy guard - a free PGP re
ii  gnupg-agent    2.1.15-4     amd64  GNU privacy guard - cryptographic
ii  gnupg-l10n     2.1.15-4     all    GNU privacy guard - localization
ii  gnupg1         1.4.21-1+b1  amd64  GNU privacy guard - a free PGP re
ii  gnupg1-curl    1.4.21-1+b1  amd64  GNU privacy guard - a free PGP re
ii  gnupg2         2.1.15-4     all    GNU privacy guard - a free PGP re

ever having been read.