Re: url redirected in chrome/chromium, but working fine, according to ping/traceroute, lynx, w3m, iceweasel.

On 10/09/2016 11:54 AM, claude juif wrote:
Are you logged in with a google account on that chrome/chromium ? By the way, how did you install them ?

I WAS logged into my google account when I had the problem,  in fact, but eventually determined that when I logged out, I could load the proper page for the url, oddly.
I installed chromium with aptitude, google-chrome-stable by downloading google's .deb pkg and doing sudo dpkg -i $said-google-pkg.deb

To resume :
On your debian computer, only for this website, you get redirect to ads only with chrome/chromium ?

That is correct, Iceweasel, w3m, lynx and e-links all load the proper page/site.
Chrome and dolphin on my android phone do fine, as well, but apparently chrome on iOS (what my brother was using when he found the problem), does not.

I would try these :

purge chromium and chrome.
Install chromium and go to your website. (do not log in before).

The only things i can think of is broken extension. I've never see this happening, it's really strange. If that happens on windows i would have say, search for malware and delete them.