Re: Mutt and monthly delete old messages

Mark Fletcher:

> So I was thinking of implementing a policy of deleting messages from
> this mail folder on my PC (the one Mutt is looking at) on a say monthly
> basis.

If you prefer a mutt-only solution (without archivemail) you could also
use a hook to mark all mails older than 30 days for deletion whenever
you open the corresponding mailbox.

Untested, adapt "debian" to match your mailbox name:

folder-hook =debian      'push  "<delete-pattern> ~d>30d\n"'

Mutt will then mark older messages for deletion when you enter the
mailbox and ask for confirmation when you quit mutt, change to a
different mailbox or press '$'.

J.
--
I am not scared of death but terrified of people in Tommy Hilfiger
sweatshirts.