Re: WARNING! New Perl/Perl-base upgrade removes 141 Sid/Unstable packages

On 2016-09-29 10:50:39 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2016-09-28 23:05:31 +0200, Sven Hartge wrote:
> > There is an option to tune the resolver. I have got the following in my
> > /etc/apt/apt.conf:
> >
> > ,----
> > | // tweak Aptitude to not suggest removals as first option
> > | Aptitude::ProblemResolver::SolutionCost "removals";
> > `----
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work:
>
>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=823928
>
> and this is wontfix. :(

I wonder whether it could be better to increase the value of
Aptitude::ProblemResolver::Remove-Level.

  Option: Aptitude::ProblemResolver::Remove-Level
  Default: 10000
  package. See the section called “Safety costs” for a description
  of safety costs.

But I fear that if Aptitude skips low-cost solution with
SolutionCost "removals", it will also skip them with an
increased Remove-Level (unless the decisions related to
safety cost levels are privileged in the heuristics).