Re: WARNING! New Perl/Perl-base upgrade removes 141 Sid/Unstable packages

> I'm not asking it to read my mind. I just want it not to
> remove any package I have manually installed.

FWIW, I really wish Debian could upgrade their package tools to follow
a model similar to Nix/Guix.  Basically, I'd like to have a master
configuration file where I list the packages I want to be installed (more
or equivalent to the current notion of "manually installed"), as well as
any other constraints I want to impose (e.g. so as to hold packages)
(and ideally also any constraint I want to ignore, in case some package
comes with a Require with which I disagree).

Then from this the tools can build the set of packages that will be
installed, and then add/remove packages accordingly.

        Stefan