Re: Getting Involved with Packaging [was Re: Building Debian Package From Upstream Source]

Stephen Allen wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 10:40:53AM +0100, Darac Marjal wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 05:37:40AM -0400, Stephen Allen wrote:
>
>> > Sounds interesting, where should one start? I'm retired so have some
>> > time. 8-)
>>
>> Start here: https://wiki.debian.org/HelpDebian
>>

> Thank-you

  also, if for some reason you don't know this already,
in many cases to build a package there are what are
called build dependencies.

  to get the required libraries/environment you may
want to add the sources repository to your list in
/etc/apt/sources.list

  and then do an update.

  then use:

   apt-get source pkg
   apt-get build-dep pkg

  and explore/play to your heart's content  :)

  songbird