Re: WARNING! New Perl/Perl-base upgrade removes 141 Sid/Unstable packages

> On Sep 24, 2016, at 7:44 AM, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
>
> For my own education, I'm not sure what you mean by "backup your current state
> before upgrading"--does that mean a full backup of your system, or is there a
> way to somehow save the current "state" of the package list on your system so
> that you can easily request those packages be restored if something goes
> wrong?

I think that saving the contents of /var/cache/apt/archive(s?) will save copies of all the .debs installed on your machine. OTOH, it also gets .debs that *used* to be on your machine. If you're running sid, bring a big thumbdrive...

--
Glenn English