Re: Failed to execute child process (no such file or directory), but the script DOES exist in $HOME/bin, openbox users, especially take a look, please.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 03:15:40PM +0100, Tixy wrote:
> I edit ~/.xsessionrc to have a single line:
>
>         . /home/tixy/.profile

Which program reads ~/.xsessionrc and how did you learn about it?
Which man page describes it?  Does its existence merely "add on" to some
system-wide default script, or does it fully replace a system-wide script?

> Which makes X sessions include the same profile as standard login
> shells.

Bash's initialization is a bit more complex than that.  It will look
for three different files (.bash_profile or .bash_login or .profile),
in that order, and uses the first one it finds.  I'd imagine zsh does
something similar, though I don't use zsh.  For pure POSIX sh or ksh,
you would be correct.