Re: Failed to execute child process (no such file or directory), but the script DOES exist in $HOME/bin, openbox users, especially take a look, please.

On Thu 22 Sep 2016 at 10:56:49 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 03:15:40PM +0100, Tixy wrote:
> > I edit ~/.xsessionrc to have a single line:
> >
> >         . /home/tixy/.profile
>
> Which program reads ~/.xsessionrc

X.

>                                   and how did you learn about it?

Don't know about Tixy but the knowledge came to me in a dream.

> Which man page describes it?

Xsession(5).

>                               Does its existence merely "add on" to some
> system-wide default script, or does it fully replace a system-wide script?

Neither. Please see /etc/X11/Xsession.d/40x11-common_xsessionrc.

--
Brian.